Many of us here in Tennessee and across the country have heard about the Depuy hip recall and may even have been affected by it. This recall was issued by DePuy Orthopedics because of a high failure rate of the systems and the possibility that the heavy metals could go into the bloodstream and cause severe life-threatening damages. More than 10,000 people given these hip implants may be required to have additional surgery. This is why it is important that you know ways to better protect your health and legal rights during this whole process. If you or someone you love has been affected by this hip recall, please speak with a Tennessee defective product lawyer right away. They will hear your case and make sure you get the treatment you deserve.
• First contact your doctor if you suspect that you may be a Depuy hip recall victim If you feel pain or discomfort near your hip replacement location it is important to make an appointment with your doctor right away. They can tell you which hip replacement you actually have.
• Gather all the information you can
Make sure to right down all information about your pain and problems and your hip recall and do not sign anything with the Depuy company without speaking with a lawyer first, you may need this as evidence if you decide to pursue a lawsuit.
• Know the side effects and contact a doctor right away if you have any o Loosening of hip implant
o Tissue death near the area o Metal toxicity
o Intense pain near the area o Bone loss o The need for a second surgery
• Know who is most likely to be affected by the recall o People with dislocated or poorly placed hip implants o Females o People with weak bones
• Consult a Tennessee attorney about your legal options, whose fault this is and possible damages
If you or someone you care about has been affected by the Depuy hip recall, we strongly recommend that you contact one of our knowledgeable and compassionate Tennessee defective product attorneys immediately. We will work with you and make sure you receive the damages you are entitled to for your pain and suffering. Feel free to contact us online or call us at 800.705.2121 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your case and your legal options.