Tennessee residents as well as many people all over the United States have heard plenty of news about the Depuy hip recall and many have even been personally affected by the defective implants and the recall. If you have experienced pain near your hip implant after receiving it and suspect your implant might be defective and part of the recall, then it is important that you contact a Tennessee defective product and Depuy hip implant recall lawyer as soon as possible. They will work with you and other medical professionals to make sure you get the compensation you are entitled to for your pain and suffering.
Many people may know about the recall and even the possible sy mptoms but many people are probably wondering about how to find out what kind of hip implant they even have and if it is a part of the Depuy recall. Here are some tips you can use to help you figure out what kind of implant you have:
• Contact your surgeon or the hospital where you had your hip replacement surgery. Ask them for your medical records regarding the surgery and the type of hip implant you received.
• Request a copy of your medical records including all documents that list all the components used in your hip replacement system. This will help lawyers and doctors figure out if you have a case and provide you and them with evidence.
• If you find out that you did receive a Depuy hip implant, it is recommended that you contact a Tennessee Depuy hip implant and defective product attorney right away to see what kind of compensation you could receive.
• If you do not have a Depuy hip implant, but are worried that your hip implant may be defective or failing, contact your doctor as soon as possible to discuss the problems and possible treatment options.
• If your doctor determines that your hip implant is failing, it is important to report it to the FDA so an investigation can take place.
• Many people with Depuy hip implants will also be notified by their doctor or hospital by mail or phone and will receive instructions about how to get their hip implant examined for problems.
These tips can help you figure out how to get started if your hip implant is part of the recall. If you determine that your hip implant is defective, we suggest you contact one of our qualified and compassionate Tennessee Depuy hip implant recall and defective product attorneys immediately. We will work with you and your doctors to make sure you receive the compensation that is rightfully yours. Contact us online or call us at 800.705.2121 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.